Welcome... Follow along as we renovate our 9th home in 12 years

Thursday, November 25, 2010

11/19/10 - Friday update & we're freezing in YYC



Yes, it's Friday & I haven't posted all week...

Instead we've been busy trying to keep warm! We've had a dump of snow in YYC & a cold front move in! Our first real taste of winter this year. Hmmm taste, no, asmorgasbord! We've been experiencing minus 20 dergees-ish regularly! Freezing cold... I mean REALLY cold! (Remember that we have plywood for windows, no insulation, vapour barrier (plastic barrier), drywall or heat anywhere!) 

Did I mention that I'm not fond of winter?!? ; )





Space heaters are a necessity! Electrician Derek picked me up 2 - 5000 watt units to help keep everybody from freezing...




I wish I had a flash on my iPhone so that I could show you what Plumber Steve rigged up! Let me describe what is in the image. There is a garbage container turned up-side-down resting on my main water supply for the house, right next to the furnace which is currently disconnected while wiring & gas get relocated. We have borrowed a heater from the HVAC guys which is directed towards the water supply pipes. The goal is to keep our water pipes from freezing. This solution works great!




Electrician Derek is pulling wires...






Stop & smile Derek!




Nice mess of wires Derek! ; )




A 'cluster' of wires...



Here is what's left of our old electrical panel...




Lovely new panel soon to be wired up...





Derek had a great idea for a way that we can pretty-up all of the low-voltage wire that is running to the electrical panel...


Leviton Media Panel


Derek texting his supplier for the cost






Electrician Jordan boring holes in the floor joists to run wire






Now that's a drill









Ah common... Smile Jordan!



Pots are almost all in & wires are getting connected...












An 'S' with a line through it signifies 'switch'











Theatre light valences boxes...







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 

No comments:

Post a Comment