Welcome... Follow along as we renovate our 9th home in 12 years

Monday, December 6, 2010

12/06/10 - Talk about a gift from the renovation gods!!!



Recently while showing finish carpenter Jim our new kitchen layout, I was describing to him the range-hood that I really wanted... one of those oh so lovely copper range-hood that I've spied on the internet... what should he do but tell me that he had a cabinet maker who had one of those lovelies & might part with it. A day or so went by & then to my surprise Jim showed up with this beautiful unit..asking if I might want it!?! It was love at first sight!




The only problem is that it had a small dent....




Jim's lovely wife & fellow designer, Karen, called around and was able to get us a fair quote to repair the dent. Oddly enough, we believe that the company that she secured to refurbished the hood was the company that made it initially! Stay tuned to see how we make out!

If it turns out well, it will be an amazing addition to our kitchen!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment